PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of high-quality light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates. PACCAR designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines and also provides customized financial services, information technology and truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services — you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
PACCAR’s Information Technology Division (ITD), located in Renton, WA utilizes technology to provide systems development, consulting, voice and data communications services to the entire Corporation, which has high visibility in the technology sector.
The Cloud and Storage Systems Engineer/Architect is highly motivated, results-oriented professional who will be focused on the design, engineering, and launch of open source, Linux-based storage solutions and AWS-based products and services. The Cloud and Storage Systems Engineer/Architect tasking will be focused on improving the stability and performance of the system, maintaining and improving the security posture of the systems, continuous monitoring of system health, and troubleshooting issues that arise.
Job Functions / Responsibilities
- Designs and defines Amazon Web Services architecture for in support of productivity, engineering, machine learning, and HPC applications.
- High degree of knowledge based on prior implementation experience with AWS DMS, Glue, S3, Redshift, VPC, etc.
- Performs expert-level systems AWS development and design work that may include logical system topology design, cloud architecture analysis and design; including integration with additional 3rd party data sources not in the AWS cloud
- Designs, builds, and manages petabyte-scale on premise and cloud storage solutions based on open source software on Linux.
- Ensures security is integrated into all architecture solutions to meet compliance standards.
- Works across the organization to ensure supportability and modernization of architectural standards in support of cloud and HPC use cases.
- Install new/rebuild existing Linux servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Install and configure Linux systems which support infrastructure and/or R&D activities.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Contribute to and maintain system standards.
Qualifications & Skills
- A Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or equivalent is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with IaaS and SaaS solutions design, development and deployment in an AWS environment
- Experience with multi-petabyte storage implementations using open source storage technologies.
- CI/CD experience a plus
- Dev-Ops experience a plus.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, including active listening, problem solving when under pressure, and facilitation
- Minimal bending, stooping, pushing and pulling.
- Requires frequent sitting and walking.
- Availability to work “on-call” 24 hours/day for emergencies, and flexibility in schedule and priority demands including supporting an enterprise level Data Center.
- Position could be required to minimal traveling up to 20%
- Ability to occasionally lift equipment up to 25 pounds.
Additional Job Board Information
If you would like more information about what makes PACCAR an excellent place to work, please visit the PACCAR Career Site.
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability.
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Nearest Secondary Market: Bellevue
Architecture, Cloud, Engineer, Consulting, Computer Science, Engineering, Technology